Monday, June 8, 2015

Blog Post #5

A personal learning network (PLN) is a group of people or resources that are meant to help you at any given time. You can have access to any professional around the globe. A PLN is something composed of social media websites, search engines, and blogs as well. I liked the video "Welcome to my PLE!"
I thought this was a very simple video to understand. I think PLN's would be very beneficial for the classroom because it would be a good way to have everything on one network. The young girl commenting in the video seemed to like her PLN very much. One thing I like about the PLN is that it is constantly moving. Like Dr. Strange said: "It is like a stream. You can dip into it, and it keeps flowing. You can get into it, and it keeps on flowing. And you can flow with it." I very much enjoy Twitter and find this to be very effective in PLN's. You are able to find anything on here and see what is trending at any given moment. It has also been effective in planning my PLN because I follow many professionals on Twitter and they will be able to answer any questions that I have.

After I watched the youtube video that I mentioned earlier, I think I will use the same format symbaloo. This was a very simple and neat looking site, and I feel like if I were to use this in the future, my students would enjoy it.
PLN

2 comments:

  1. Great post! Please make the pdf link to a working link like the previous one you used.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also saw many benefits to PLNs. The fact that information is flowing through them constantly, regardless of what you do, is amazing. Networking ideas with other teachers around the world is also a plus to PLNs. It reminds me of the video of Mrs. Vicki Davis's class that was networking with students in Asia and collaborating work with them. Its so cool that in our day and time we can work with people around the world without leaving the privacy of our homes.

    ReplyDelete