Monday, June 29, 2015

Special Blog Assignment #2

I really enjoyed Dr. Jacobs website Curriculum 21. I loved how she had multiple websites that would be great to use in the future. I spent a lot of time looking at some of the websites she had posted, and I really liked the 6 I picked out. The first one I chose was Museum Box. I really liked this website. I would use this website for a History lesson. With this website, students can place items that describe a person, place, or thing in a virtual box. I watched a short video on it and you can place different audio files in the box as well. This would be a great history project to have your students do.

The second website I picked was Zoo Burst. This website allows your students to create a profile and lets them make a virtual 3-D pop-up book. You can use different images from the internet and you can also incorporate sounds into the pop-up book. I think this would be a great lesson for your students to do on a book that is being read to them in class, or even to do a book report on a chapter book I have assigned to them. This was a very fun website, and I think that students would really enjoy it.

The third website I chose was Illustrative Mathematics. This would be VERY beneficial for me as a teacher. This website had lesson plans, instructions, and standards for each grade. It had different activities that you can do with your students, and provides examples as well. This would be a great tool to use if you aren't sure how to teach a particular lesson, or if you just want to see a different way of teaching a lesson.

The fourth website was Keyspace. This was a very cool website. This allows your students to "touch type" without have to look at a "touch type" device. For instance, this would allow your students to practice typing on their iPads, or iPod touches, or whatever touch device they have, it would have them learn how to type and get used to using a touch device.

The fifth website I picked was Newspaper Map. This is a great website to use when you are teaching your students current events. There is a map of the world and you can click on anyplace on the map and it will take you to that particular location's local newspaper. It would be so cool to do this everyday in the beginning of class. I think students would really enjoy this website.

The last website I picked was Just the Word. This would be a good website to use while teaching your students grammar. You can type any word in the box and it will show you different ways to say the word and use the word, and it shows you different ways to make a sentence with the word. I am really glad I found all these websites, because I think they will be very beneficial to me in the future!
computer

1 comment:

  1. Unique choices. Your post is the 11th I have read so far. And not a single choice of yours has been the choice of any of the other 10 students.

    Well done.

    ReplyDelete