Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Practice Blog Post

Outline: About Me Where I am from Major How I ended up in Mobile Strengths and Weaknesses What I want to be as an educator
Hello everyone! My name is Taylor Calvi and I will be going into my junior year at South Alabama in the fall! When I first came to South Alabama, my major was Broadcast Journalism, but that was shortly lived. Last summer I changed my major to education and I feel like it is the perfect fit for me! I am originally from Ft. Lauderdale and then I moved to Columbia, South Carolina when I was ten. Then in 2010, I moved to Mobile. Moving to another state when you're a sophomore in high school is probably the hardest thing a teenager has to deal with. But, I was able to go to a great high school where I made great friendships. My Dad is the head baseball coach here at South Alabama and that is why we moved here. I love going to all the baseball games and cheering the jags on. Sadly, our season just ended last week, but I can't wait for next season to come! My Mom is a 4th grade teacher in Satsuma, Alabama and has been teaching for 22 years. So, I guess teaching is in my genes!

I am a very sociable person and I love meeting new people. I feel like this is one of my strengths in being in the education field. However, I am a very sensitive person and often times, I let things fester up in me for a long time and I can be somewhat "over-dramatic". This is something I have struggled with my whole life. I love to watch TV and I love watching movies. I also love going to the beach and laying in the sand and listening to the waves crash on the sand. This is something I love to do on my downtime. I feel like as an educator, you need to be able to connect with your students on more than just a "teaching" level. I want my future students to be able to talk to me if they are having any issues at home, or in school. I want to make a difference in my students lives and I feel like that is something all educators should strive for.  I hope that this class becomes very beneficial for my future profession!!
starfish

3 comments:

  1. This will be a very beneficial class for you as you become a 21st Century Educator. Welcome to EDM 310.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand how you feel to have to move in the middle of your high school years. I attempted to move my junior year in high school, but I began to miss my friends so I stayed here. I agree that to be a successful teacher you should be sociable. I also want my future students to be able to talk to me if they have a problem. Or for anything they want to voice their opinion about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also moved to Mobile when I was older! That's really neat that your Dad is the head baseball coach for the Jags. And I agree that educators should strive to make a difference in their student's lives, it's very important that they get the best education possible from people who care.

    ReplyDelete