Tuesday, July 7, 2015

C4Ta #4

Summary:

This blog is called Moving at the Speed of Creativity and is written by Wesley Fryer. Is blog is VERY in depth. He pretty much blogs every other day, which I think is great! The first post that I looked at on his blog was a "guest blog" written by Fryer's colleague, Jennifer Reyher. The blog is Kidblog Update. In this post, Reyher updates us on how her students have been reacting to the "Kidblog" she uses in her classroom. She tells us that the principle at her school has been so impressed with the Kidblog, that it will be used school-wide in the upcoming school year. Like many other blogs, Kidblog allows the students family members comment on their posts that they put on their blogs. This is such a great way to have other people involved in your student's blogging. Kidblog would be something that I would use in my future classrooms.


Comment:

Hello! My name is Taylor Calvi and I am a student in Dr. Strange's EDM 310 class at the University of South Alabama. I thought that your post was great! I think Kidblog is such a neat way to really have your students actively involved with writing and gaining social skills. I think it is awesome how excited they get whenever you receive an email saying that there is a new comment on their blogs. Great post, and good luck with the upcoming school year!

kidblog

Summary:

The second blog I read by Fryer was called Using iPads in the classroom? Check out ClassKick. ClassKick is a website where students and teachers can work on things collaboratively. Teachers can help other teachers, and students can help other students with the use of this site. There were two video to watch on more information on ClassKick. Students are able to turn in their work to the teacher through ClassKick and the teacher can grade it on ClassKick as well. They can give the students immediate feedback and ask questions about their work. Another video showed how a teacher struggled with "paper" assignments, so she then switched to ClassKick. This is a great way to save paper and get students more comfortable with the use of technology and school work. I think that this is a very cool and effective way to teach lessons. 

Comment:

Hi! I am a student in Dr. Strange's EDM 310 class at the University of South Alabama. I really enjoyed this post because I have never heard of ClassKick, so it was really interesting to learn about it through the two videos I watched. I think that ClassKick is a very good idea, and it seems like teachers and students are pleased with it. Thank you for a great post!
classkick

1 comment:

  1. Hi Taylor,

    Thanks so much for featuring Classkick in your blog! As a Classkick enthusiast, please consider becoming a Classkick Ambassador or Mentor to receive updates on the newest Classkick features and resources to share with teachers or promote on your blog. More information here: http://www.classkick.com/ambassadors-and-mentors Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete